Marine Procurement Ltd (MPL) are a member of the Edison Chouest Offshore (ECO) Group, who are recognised as one of the most diverse and dynamic marine transportation solution providers in the world. ECO operates a growing fleet of well over 200 vessels, ranging from tugs to specialised construction vessels. The ability to design, build, own, and operate diverse, high-capacity and technologically superior vessels has made ECO an unrivalled leader in the maritime industry.
At MPL, we undertake major procurement activities for the ECO Group, whilst working with our Engineering function to develop and procure major components, systems, and equipment for new building projects. We also support ECO Operations through the provision of spare parts and technical support.
Due to business growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen to join MPL’s Procurement team on a permanent basis at our office in Drem, North Berwick, EH39 5LN.
Senior Buyer x 2
Purchase a range of equipment and services to support Edison Chouest Offshore (ECO) shipyards and fleet operations in the USA and Brazil.
Working as part of a small professional team, the Senior Buyer will be responsible for specifying and procuring equipment and spare parts for the company’s ship building yards.
The Senior Buyer will require to undertake a wide range of duties including but not restricted to procurement, expediting, administration, data maintenance/recording.
· Contribute to the development of product specifications.
· Evaluate tenders and prepare justifications to support expenditure.
· Discuss and solve problems with suppliers.
· Build and maintain good relationships with existing and new suppliers.
· Negotiate cost reductions, improvements in specifications and delivery lead times.
· Implement and maintain spare parts supply agreements with the company’s key suppliers.
· Ensure changes to design and/or specification are recorded and broadcast as required.
· Record monitor and report progress on all major projects.
· Monitor the delivery of capital equipment.
· Maintain a high standard of communication between all relevant parties regarding the status of shipments.
· Maintain comprehensive records, including audit trails to justify procurement decisions.
The role requires the applicant to possess the following qualifications and skills:
· An experienced procurement specialist.
· Degree educated or CIPS membership, Level 4 or above.
· Excellent negotiating and influencing skills.
· Ability to professionally communicate and present at a senior level.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· A good understanding of contractual Terms and Conditions.
· Excellent written, verbal communication skills.
· Excellent IT skills, including all Microsoft Office suite
· Ability to build relationships with UK and international suppliers.
· Must be able to travel within the UK and internationally.
· Valid UK driving licence.
· Required to have the right to work in the UK from commencement date.
Salary for this role will be dependent on skills and experience.
Due to the rural location of our office, must have own transport.
Full Time, Permanent, Office Based
MPL is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally.
Salary: Up to £37,000.00 per year
Cycle to work scheme
Enhanced maternity leave
Enhanced paternity leave
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate.
Located just outside Edinburgh in East Lothian.
We are a small, dedicated team with expertise in vessel design, systems integration, manufacturing, project management, procurement, logistics and finance.
If you would like to speak with us about your company or product, please get in touch.